Culture and sense of purpose guide how any DreamMaker franchise does business
DreamMaker® Bath and Kitchen is a faith-based franchise that puts people first because we believe that if you treat people with respect and integrity, profits follow. Our biblically-based Code of Values™ is central to who we are and the way we try to conduct ourselves in business and in life. The Code of Values™ is not just something that hangs on the wall. We have a system for keeping the Code of Values™ in place. It’s a living, breathing philosophy based on time-tested, biblical principles. We know that it is impossible to live them perfectly, but you can live them with excellence — meaning when you miss one, you are willing to be held accountable in a respectful way.
The Code of Values™ informs the way DreamMaker franchisees treat customers, and they inform the way that we treat franchisees. “It’s about doing the best for your immediate family, your extended family, your business family, your customer family and your community family,” says President and Chief Stewarding Officer Doug Dwyer. “You serve your franchisees and their families, your employees and their families, your customers and their families. If you can live that out, day in and day out, you can be a company people want to work with.”
Customers know they are being cared for, and our franchise owners know it too, because we hold ourselves accountable to these biblically-based values.
Our Code of Values™
- in superior service to our customers, our community and to each other as members of the DreamMaker team.
- in counting our blessings every day in every way.
- success is the result of clear, cooperative, positive thinking.
- that loyalty adds meaning to our lives.
- management should seek out and recognize what people are doing right, and treat every associate with respect.
- challenges should be used as learning experiences.
- our Creator put us on this earth to succeed. We will accept our daily successes humbly, knowing that a higher power is guiding us.
- in the untapped potential of every human being. Every person we help achieve their potential fulfills our mission.
- we must re-earn our positions every day in every way.
- in building our country through free enterprise system. We demonstrate this belief by continually attracting strong people to the DreamMaker team.
We live our Code of Values by...
- treating others as we would like to be treated.
- listening with the intent to understand what is being said and acknowledging that what is said is important to the speaker.
- responding in a timely fashion.
- speaking calmly and respectfully, without profanity or sarcasm.
- acknowledging everyone as right from their own perspective.
- making only agreements we are willing, able and intend to keep.
- communicating any potentially broken agreements at the first appropriate opportunity to all parties concerned.
- looking to the system for correction and proposing all possible solutions if something is not working.
- operating in a responsible manner: “above the line…”
- communicating honestly and with purpose.
- asking clarifying questions if we disagree or do not understand.
- never saying anything about anyone that we would not say to him or her.
- continuously striving to maximize internal and external customer loyalty.
- making our best effort to understand and appreciate the customer's needs to every situation.